This week I worked on interior details and getting the boat ready for loading on the trailer. By Friday she was ready for the move from the garage floor onto the trailer. I used my garage hoist to lift the bow onto a furniture mover and then a couple of car jacks to lift the transom onto another furniture mover. This allowed for easy mobility of the boat and I was able to swing the bow around toward the garage door. Once the boat was aligned with the trailer I used the winch on the trailer to pull “Alice Gale” onto the pads. The trailer design, a tilting bed trailer, made the transfer easier. A neighbor helped with keeping the boat steady as she was pulled onto the trailer. I used the same temporary hull stabilizers on the trailer. I still need to build a permanent runner system for the hull to stabilize loading and transportation needs. And finally at last, the big question, will the boat fit as planned into the garage. Like a glove! I have just enough room to move behind the transom to the rear door and the width of the trailer just fits through the door opening.
“Alice Gale” on the trailer