My plan is to leave the Gunwale finish clear so before installation I masked off the interior for several coats of primer.
Monthly Archives: September 2010
The beam shelf was cut and fitted for the boat, doubled in width at the location of the Thwart (seat). The Bowsprit was further shaped with several hours of hand sanding.
I am bouncing back and forth between various building tasks now that I am nearing the last few dozen steps. The bowsprit has been shaped to approximate dimensions and the Bitt has been installed in the boat prior to priming. A few extra photo’s showing how I cut the hole for the bowsprit. Not complicated but I had the photo’s. I also like to occasionally put parts together to see how the boat will look before needed to. In this first photo I have the floorboards and partially completed seats showing in the background. I remove these and return to safe storage as I progress towards the interior prep and painting.
This week I worked on a number of detail items, starting with the Locker Hatch Door and slides.
I have completed the outboard motor well, all enclosed volumes filled with foam.
The bow decking has been sealed over the foam fill and the mast thwart has been cut and installed. I also started to build the Bowspirt using scarfed 2/4 douglas fir.
I played around with the previously completed floorboards to get an idea how the boat may look when completed. You can also see the completed aft decking and the initial fitting of the side seats.
As always, more sanding!