I sanded and painted many hours this week. I used epoxy mixed with fairing thickeners to fill seam and voids that I wanted to smooth out. This created a lot of time consuming sanding. Even though this stuff is ‘designed’ for sanding, it was hard going and came off very slowly. I finally gave in and started using patching compound for wood and wall board to get the final smoothness before my final primer coats. The primer coats where applied with a small brush and paint roller. I am using System Three Primer. The smooth finish I desire is finally there and after one or two more coats of primer and an inspection, it will be time to flip the boat over and start the hull planking. I will be buying the plywood next week for cutting out the hull planks. I have also started work on the rudder.